BOOGERS or SWEETNESS?

My little four year old suddenly thought it would be funny to start sniffing my arm. He would stick his little nose right up to my elbow, take a deep breath in, and belly laugh. One day he decided to get more adventurous and smell my cheek. He smashed his nose against my face and took the snottiest snort in…and out.

My first reaction was ewwww. Boogers! As I went to wipe the residue off my cheek he put his little hands under my chin, looked me in the eyes and said, “MOM, you smell like sweetness.” This of course was follow by another belly laugh which I joined in on.

I was about to miss out on a awesome memory with my son because I was focused on the negative stuff. Lets face it, the 4 year old slime lingering on my face wasn’t exactly pleasant but I will always remember what he told me after. How many times do things like that happen in life? We all have moments around us where perspective can either make us feel a little annoyed or full of joy.


We can focus on the sticky boogers of life OR we can focus on the SWEETNESS.

No comments: