Things to Laugh At

Here are 3 things I found to laugh at this month

1- Daddy’s elephant exploded. My 4 year old got my husband a pack of soda for Christmas. I trained the little guy to call the gift an “elephant” to keep the surprise. We wrapped it and put it under the tree. A couple of days later we found it leaking. A can exploded and we had oozing sticky goo combined with bright red wrapping paper residue all over the NEW carpet. After scrubbing for a while I finally just decided the red exploding elephant stain is a great conversation starter for company.

2- Alzheimer’s and Chocolate Delight: a good combination. My wonderful grandma taught me how to live life to the fullest and she is now battling memory loss from the awful Alzheimer’s ailment. On Christmas Eve she was so excited to have a piece of our traditionally dessert. Apparently, she kept forgetting she already had a piece and went around asking the family serve her up some of this decadent moussie treat. By the end of the night we figured she influenced all of us to serve her up at least 5 big pieces. We love her so we have to laugh so we don’t cry. If you are a chocolate lover, maybe memory loss is a good thing after all.

3- I nicknamed my nursing bra “Optimus Prime,” Yes, just like the transformer my son got for Christmas. (If you want the whole story you can come listen to me speak at the Successful Mothering Convention at the South Towne Expo center on Sat January 24th 11:00am)

No comments: